A number of Seqwater sites have designated swimming areas. Please remember to use your common sense and don’t swim after drinking alcohol. While your safety is important to us, it is your responsibility. From time to time it may be necessary to close Seqwater's dams, especially if there has been heavy rainfall or algae outbreaks. Notices about these closures will be published on the Public Notices and Safety page. For an organised event involving on-water aquatic activities, an application for an Aquatic Event Permit must be submitted to Maritime Safety Queensland www.msq.qld.gov.au.
There are accessible tracks for hiking at most of our lakes. There are a limited number of multi-purpose tracks that also permit biking.
All activities are not necessarily permitted at every site. Signs at each track will clarify which activities are permitted. If you are unsure if a particular activity is permitted at a site, please contact Seqwater at email@example.com or talk to one of the on-site Rangers.
Please be aware that you are in a water supply catchment so stay on the designated paths and help protect the valuable landscape.
Domestic animals are usually not permitted on Seqwater land (with the exception of seeing-eye dogs). Read Seqwater's policy on domestic pets and other animals in recreation areas and catchments.
Dams are part of the natural environment and visitors are reminded to be careful with local fauna. Visitors are encouraged to carry a first aid kit as mobile phone reception is limited in many areas.
The safety of our visitors is important to us. For your safety and the safety of others we would ask that all visitors observe the following:
- Please comply with all the signs displayed, including traffic signs and parking.
- Keep an eye out for hazards including for example, uneven surfaces, glass or metal on the ground, submerged or floating objects in the water.
- Do not start a fire (except in a designated fireplace) or leave a fire unattended
- Do not leave a water tap running.
- Do not undertake any activity that is likely to interfere with the safety of others