- When you visit
- Organised activities or events
- Commercial activities
- Full General Access and Use conditions for all Seqwater sites (PDF)
Seqwater has numerous sites across South East Queensland that can be enjoyed by the public for recreational pursuits.
Opening times – Seqwater sites are generally open to the public from 6am to 6pm.
With the exception of the designated camping grounds, you are not permitted to access the areas outside these times unless you have a permit to do so.
Please note that Seqwater lakes are not permitted to be used for landing or taking off in amphibious aircraft. Read Seqwater's policy regarding the use of aircraft and recreational craft.
We would like all visitors to our facilities to enjoy their stay. As such we would ask that all visitors observe the following:
- Please leave the facilities as you found them. Do not cause damage to any property, flora or fauna.
- Respect the fact that other visitors are using the facilities too. Please behave in an orderly, decent manner and keep any noise to a volume that will not cause a nuisance.
- Please place all litter in the bins provided. Remember that these areas feed our drinking water supply. Do not discharge any substances that may pollute these areas.
- Domestic animals are usually not permitted on Seqwater land (with the exception of seeing-eye dogs). Read Seqwater's policy on domestic pets and other animals in recreation areas and catchments.
If you would like to hold an event or organised activity at any of our sites, you must obtain permission to do so. This includes public meetings, competitions, weddings etc.
If permission is granted for your activity or event, the permit will outline the conditions of use and access. For an organised event involving on-water aquatic activities, an application for an Aquatic Event Permit must be submitted to Maritime Safety Queensland www.msq.qld.gov.au.
If you would like to hold an organised activity at any of our sites, please complete the request form (Word or PDF) and email it to email@example.com or mail it to:
Recreation Support Officer
PO Box 68
Petrie QLD 4500
PO Box 68
Petrie QLD 4500
Any activity which is conducted for gain is considered a commercial activity and requires a permit from Seqwater. Examples of commercial activities include:
- selling things
- supplying services or facilities
- commercial photography
- advertising or promoting a site as part of your business
- conducting organised tours.
In general, conducting commercial activities on Seqwater sites is not permitted. In a limited number of circumstances, permits to operate commercial activities will be granted to activities which do not:
- impact on water quality or damage the environment
- impact on visitor amenity or public safety
- infringe on local businesses or exclude other operators.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download and view the Full General Access and Use conditions for all Seqwater sites (PDF) please click here.