Seqwater is committed to managing its water supply catchments, treatment and supply assets to provide safe, high-quality drinking water that consistently meets the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
In partnership with our stakeholders, we will:
- Adopt a risk based approach in which potential threats to water quality are identified and balanced in accordance with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines.
- Systematically monitor the quality of water and establish effective reporting mechanisms that promote confidence in our water supply.
- Conserve and enhance our water supply catchments so that all source water quality is protected and related ecosystems services are maintained.
- Embrace a balanced, “catchment to tap” approach in the delivery of all water services.
- Maintain a long-term and sustainable water supply which recognises global and regional priorities in the management of water, energy and wastes.
- Ensure incident and emergency response plans are in place.
- Continually review our practices against industry standards to continually improve performance.
- Actively participate in the development of industry regulation and guidelines relevant to health and the broader water cycle.
- Be a leader in research and development to ensure future improvements to the quality of drinking water.
- Ensure all employees are aware of, and actively seek to achieve, the aims of this policy.
- Communicate this policy to the community.