To assist in fulfilling its duties the Board has two committees – the Audit Committee and the Major Projects Taskforce. Each committee has a formal charter that sets out committee roles, responsibilities and authority. Minutes of all meetings are provided at Board meetings and the Chair of the committee reports to the Board on the committee meetings held.
The Audit Committee assists the Board to:
- assess and contribute to the audit planning processes, taking into account the financial and operational environment in which it operates and its Performance Management Framework
- assess, oversee and enhance our corporate governance, including our systems of internal control
- review our financial statements and oversee the external audit of these statements
- evaluate the quality and facilitate the practical discharge of the internal audit function particularly in the areas of planning, monitoring and reporting
- oversee the actioning of external audit recommendations
- oversee and appraise our financial and operational reporting processes.
View the Audit Committee Charter.
Major Projects Taskforce
The Major Projects Taskforce provides strategic advice to the Board regarding the implementation of our major projects, work programs and strategies. In doing this, the Taskforce:
- reviews and recommends to the Board the rationale and principles for the prioritisation of the Capital Works Program
- monitors the progress of and identifies risks (and risk mitigation strategies) to the successful implementation of our major projects
- reviews and recommends to the Board the rationale and principles for the work programs and strategies being undertaken pursuant to the our Strategic Plans.